Nachum Loss and his team of joint and back doctors have over 30 years of experience in physical therapy with a focus on neck and shoulder pain, TMJ treatment, and sciatic nerve pain. Nachum also received a degree from The Physical Therapy School of Health Science at Ben Gurion University.
As part of his continued education, Nachum graduated from the Canadian College with a certification in Osteopathy in 2001. Through his holistic approach, he integrated the principles of Osteopathy into his existing manual and postoperative physical therapy practice.
The main principles of Osteopathy are:
- The body is a unit, and the person represents a combination of body, mind, and spirit
- The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing, and health maintenance
- Structure and function are reciprocally interrelated
- The role of fluid movement in the human body is essential for healing
- Rational treatment is based on an understanding of these principles: body unity, self-regulation, and the interrelationship of structure and function
Nachum continued gaining experience in the field of physical therapy through further accredited degree programs and work experience as an auto injury doctor and back specialist. In 1985, Nachum completed an advanced course in Manipulative Therapy – Maitland concept, which was accredited by G.D. Maitland, founder of the Australian Method. This method is the basis for Manual Physical Therapy’s approach to physical therapy and rehabilitation at our accident and injury clinic in Englewood, NJ.
Nachum has participated in the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists and was awarded fellowship, which requires continuing education in the latest techniques, approaches, and information. Nachum’s association in organizations alike are what helps Manual Physical Therapy stay ahead of the game with up-to-date techniques and methods, and cutting-edge technology.